The Project List is a collective view of all the projects you have access to in your account. This page allows you to customize the list and narrow it down to show projects most relevant to you.
To access the Project List, click Projects in the left navigation.
Project List Toolbar
The Project List toolbar contains various configuration tools as well as Search and Export options. You also have the ability to create a project directly from this page by clicking the + Add Project button on the right side of the toolbar.
Project View Icons
In the top-left corner of the toolbar are the Project View icons that represent the alternative ways to view all projects in your account: the Project List (current page), Project Cards, and the Project Gantt. Clicking the Project Cards (“ ”) or Project Gantt (“ ”) icon will take you to the respective pages.
Click the Update button to save a custom view of how you’ve configured your Project List with your unique column selection, column order, filters, and sort results. You'll then see your saved view as the default view the next time you open the Project List.
The following columns are available in the Project List:
- % Done—The completion percent of the project, calculated as the sum of the completion percentages of top-level tasks ÷ the total number of top-level tasks. If the Include archived tasks in percentage complete project setting is enabled, archived tasks are included in this calculation; otherwise, they are excluded.
Note: This column takes into account top-level tasks of all task types; to see the completion percent based on Milestones only, refer to the Milestone Weight % Complete column instead.
- Approver—The time approver for the project, as set in Project Settings. Only the first approver, as determined by user ID, is shown here.
- Archived—If the project is archived, an Archived (“ ”) icon will display in the cell. Otherwise, the cell will be empty.
- Budget—The project budget. If there is no budget,
TBDis displayed here. The budget can be set in Project Settings or—if the Schedule and budget changes must be approved project setting is enabled—by proposing a new budget.
- Budget Burn—Budget burn displays as a progress meter of Actual Fees incurred out of the project Budget. If the Actual Fees are less than or equal to the budget, the bar is green. If the budget has been exceeded, the bar is red.
Note: If the Include Billable Expenses in Actual Fees Calculation or Include Additional Line Items in Actual Fees Calculation settings are enabled for a project, the Actual Fees value may include billable expenses and additional line items (from invoices) in addition to the fees from time entries.
- Client Lead—The team lead of the Clients team, as set in the Project Permissions page.
- Created Date—When the project was created. This value cannot be modified.
- Creator—The name of the project creator. This value cannot be modified.
- Currency—The ISO code of the project's currency. The currency is set in Project Settings.
- Description—The project description, as set in Project Settings. To see the full description, hover over the cell; a tooltip will appear.
- Due Date—The due date of the project. The due date can be set in Project Settings or—if the Schedule and budget changes must be approved project setting is enabled—by proposing a new due date.
- Group ID—The IDs of the groups associated with the project. This column is useful for API purposes.
- Groups—The groups associated with the project. To see the full list of groups, hover over the cell; a tooltip will appear.
- Hours Approved—The total amount of hours from time entries that have been approved for the project. This value updates as timesheets are approved. If time approvals are not enabled for the project, this value is the same as Hours Logged.
- Hours Estimated—The total amount of Task Estimated Hours.
- Hours Logged—The total amount of hours from time entries that have been created for the project. This value updates as people log time.
- Last Updated—When the project was last updated.
- Milestone Weight % Complete—The project’s completion percent, based on weighted Milestones. See Milestone Weighting for more information.
- Next Due Milestone—The name of the next milestone that is due. Click on the milestone name to open the Task Details side panel for the milestone.
- Organizations—The organizations (i.e. department and geography) associated with the project. You can apply an organization to a project via the Project Pulse side panel .
- Paid—The total amount of logged payments.
- Project Color—The color of the project, as set in Project Settings. When this column is enabled, a colored stripe will also appear to the left of the project Title.
- Project ID—The unique ID of the project. This column is useful for API purposes.
- Provider Lead—The team lead of the Providers team, as set in the Project Permissions page.
- Stage—The stage of the project—Estimate or Project. The project's stage can be changed from the Project Actions menu.
- Start Date—The start date of the project, as set in Project Settings.
- Status—The status of the project, as set in the Status drop-down menu in the project workspace.
- Tasks Done—The number of tasks that have been completed compared to the total number of tasks. Hover over the cell to see a breakdown by task type—Tasks, Deliverables, Milestones, and Issues.
- Title—The name of the project. This column is always enabled by default and cannot be reordered or removed.
- Total Cost—The total cost of the project, calculated as user cost rates ✕ hours from time entries.
- Total Expenses—The total amount of expenses logged for the project.
- Total Invoiced—The total amount that has been invoiced.
- Total Task Duration—The number of days between the earliest task start date and the last task due date.
- Custom fields—Depending on your permission in each project, you'll also be able to view and edit custom fields in the Project List. If you don’t have permission to view a certain custom field on a particular project, that custom field cell will appear blank.
You can sort the Project List by text, number, date, currency, and single choice custom fields. You cannot sort by multi-select custom fields.
If the Hide Field setting is enabled for a custom field, the custom field cell will appear grayed out in the Project List and be read-only.
Note: Some columns in the Project List may be empty either because there is no value for that field or because you don't have permission to see that particular field for that specific project (such as financial fields or custom fields).
You can select which columns appear in the Project List table along with their order by using the Configure Columns drop-down.
To rearrange the column order, click and hold the Drag (“ ”) icon next to a column and then drag it to the order you want it to appear in the table.
Show or Hide Projects
Using the Show drop-down menu, you can filter the Project List to show only your projects, projects you can join, projects in your organization (orgs only), or projects for which you have Guest Access.
To view archived projects, select Archived or All from the Archived column in the Project List table and then click Apply.
Use the Search box to narrow down the results in the Project List table. This can help you locate projects that contain specific information.
You can further refine your results by adding column-specific search parameters before your search term. This allows you to search for values only in specific columns rather than the entire Project List table. To do this, precede your search box term with one of the following column-specific parameters:
For example, if you want to search for projects that have "finance" in their title, type title: finance in the Search box.
The export function lets you export all project columns or only the ones that you have selected in the Configure Columns menu to a CSV or XLS file.
Project List Table
The Project List table consists of individual project rows, column filters, editable custom fields, Project Pulse side panels, and the bulk action toolbar.
Click on a Filter(“ ”) icon to apply filters to one or more of the following columns: Project Color, Status, Groups, Organizations, Provider Lead, MilestoneWeight % Complete, Archived, and Stage. You can apply filters to multiple columns at once to only show the information that is relevant to you. Any selected filter options will always appear at the top of the filter list in the modal.
The options that appear when you click the filter (“ ”) icon will vary depending on the column it's in. For example, in the Project Color filter column, you can select a new project color for the selected projects. Alternatively, the Milestone Weight % Complete column allows you to enter a Min and Max percentage amount to filter down the results.
Selecting the checkboxes next to the project titles causes the bulk actions toolbar to appear at the bottom of the table. From here, you can perform the following actions across the selected projects:
- Add members to projects
- Set project team lead
- Add groups to projects
- Set project status
- Set project colors (if enabled)
- Archive projects
To learn more, see the Project List Bulk Actions article.
Edit Custom Fields
You can edit custom fields from within the Project List. First, select the Columns menu and check the custom fields from the drop-down menu. Next, click into a custom field cell for a specific project and enter or select a value.