On a project’s Rates & Roles page, Project Administrators can view and adjust the rates and roles for each team member in the project without needing to change the default account Rates and Roles. This page is also useful for adding additional roles to a team member when they have more than one role on a project.
To access the Rates & Roles page, click the Actions icon (“ ”) in the project workspace and then select Rates & Roles.
There are two types of roles in Kantata OX:
- Account Role—This is the main role assigned to a member in the Account Members page.
- Primary Project Role—This is the main role assigned to a team member for a specific project. This defaults to the Account Role unless otherwise overridden. A team member can be assigned and perform multiple roles within a project.
You can also override the default bill and cost rate for each member for this specific project from this page:
- Cost Rate—This is the amount you pay the team member for their work.
- Bill Rate—This is the amount you charge your Client for the team member’s work.
Rates & Roles Page
Project Administrators can perform the following actions on the Rates & Roles page:
- Changing a team member’s project role
- Adding multiple roles to a team member
- Reassign a team member's project role
- Override the cost rate for a member
- Override the bill rate for a member
- Remove a project cost rate override
- Delete a project role
- Add unnamed resource
- Convert a team member to an unnamed resource
The Rates & Roles table consists of the following columns:
Team Members/Primary Project Role—This column displays the team member name and contains the Primary Project Role drop-down.
Note: A team member must have more than one Role in order to select the Primary Project Role from this drop-down.
- Actions—From this column, you can add a role to a member, reassign a member, or convert a member to an unnamed resource.
- Role—This column displays the project role assigned to the team member. An additional row appears for each new role added via the Actions column,
- Resource Label—This column displays the team member’s Resource Label, which is used to differentiate unnamed resources or team members with the same role.
- Cost Rate—This column displays the team member’s Cost Rate, which is the amount you pay the team member for their work.
- Current Bill Rate—This column displays the team member’s Current Bill Rate, which is the amount you charge your Client for the team member’s work.
- Assignments—This column displays the number of project tasks the team member has been assigned to.
To add an unnamed resource to the project, click the Add Unnamed Resource button above the Rates & Roles table.