Instead of just deleting one allocation at a time for a resource, you can delete all of their allocations on a project at once. You can even choose whether to remove all of their allocations before or after a specific date or between two specific dates. For example, someone assigned to work on a project for two months may have planned time off for a week and you can remove their allocated hours for just the 5 days they will be gone.
How to Clear Allocations in Bulk
- Hover over Resourcing in the left navigation and select Resource Center.
- On the Resource Center page, select the Projects tab.
- Find your project in the Projects list and click the arrow to the left of the name to expand it. You’ll see all the named and unnamed resources that have been assigned to the project.
- Locate the resource with the allocations you need to remove, select the More (“ ”) icon, and then select Clear Allocations.
In the Clear Allocations modal that appears, select the timeframe of allocated hours that you want to remove from the resource:
- Anytime—Selected by default, this option removes all of the resource’s allocated hours on the project.
- After—This option removes only the resource’s allocated hours on the project that occur on or after the date selected.
- Before—This option removes only the resource’s allocated hours on the project that occur on or before the date selected.
- Between—This option removes only the resource’s allocated hours on the project that occur between the two dates selected, including any allocated hours on the selected dates.
- If you selected an option that requires a date, select a date—or date range—to indicate which allocated hours you want to remove.
The resource’s allocations within the specific timeframe are removed.