Account Permissions Needed: Project Creator (or higher)
We know that some projects can be complex—with multiple tasks, deliverables and milestones. When you create templates in Kantata OX, or using the Kantata OX API , you’ll be able to define a common structure for your high frequency projects without having to start from scratch each time. It's a great way to consistently reproduce project details such as descriptions, durations, budgets, and currency.
Here are some of the features you'll get when you create project templates:
- Budgets—Include time estimates and weighted milestones for your tasks.
- Resource Mapping—You can create unnamed resources and map real account members so that they are automatically invited to the project and assigned tasks.
- Time—Enter a Start day (the day on which the task starts, relative to the project start day) and Duration for each task.
Checklists—Save time by adding checklist items directly to your template.
Note: You also have the option to convert all checklist items to To Dos when applying a template.
- Gantt—Any dependencies that you create in the gantt chart will be automatically reflected in the template.
- Tasks—Create a template that contains commonly recurring tasks; you can apply these tasks to an existing project at any time by clicking the Apply Template button in the project's Task Tracker tab or during the initial creation of a project.
A template is viewable to other account members by default. To make it available only to you, select Private from the Sharing drop-down.
Settings and Permissions
If you do not see the template you created in the Select a template to use drop-down (when attempting to apply a template to a project), keep in mind that templates with budget information do not appear if the project's Financials have been disabled in Project Settings. Only projects with Financials enabled will inherit budget information from a template.
The following permission levels apply:
- Project Leads (and above)—Create and edit budgeted templates.
- Project Creators (and above)—Create and edit templates.
- Users with Edit Financials project permissions—Create budgeted templates from projects and apply budgeted templates to projects.
- Users with Edit Tasks project permissions—Create non-budgeted templates from projects and apply non-budgeted templates to projects.
- Clients—Access and view non-budgeted templates.
Check out our sample templates and download example templates for various types of projects directly to your account.