The advanced Salesforce integration for Kantata OX allows you to create projects for Salesforce Opportunity Line Items (OLIs)/Products, to sync time, expenses, and invoices from Kantata OX to Salesforce, and more. Here's a quick comparison of the things you can do in the standard and advanced integrations:
- Create project per opportunity
- Create Unnamed Resources
- Show Project Health Status
- Set a system default template ID
- Set default for Fixed Fee, Non-Billable, and Change Orders on projects
- Set default Project Access, Time Approvals, and Expense Approvals on projects
- Archive projects based on Stage
- Automatically delete projects in Salesforce and archive projects in Kantata OX when corresponding Salesforce object is removed
- Apply one default template to all Opportunity created projects
- Sync posts from the Kantata OX Workspace to the chatter feed in the Kantata OX Object in Salesforce
- Sync chatter feed posts from the Kantata OX Object in Salesforce to the Kantata OX Workspace
- Map Opportunity Stage to Kantata OX Project Status
- Sync Project Summary information from Kantata OX to Salesforce
- Put Projects in Account Groups
- Sync parent tasks from Kantata OX to Salesforce
- Create a separate project per OLI/Product
- Create Business Development Projects
- Apply a different template based on Opportunity or multiple templates based on Opportunity Line or Product
- Sync Role/Time summary from Kantata OX to Salesforce
- Sync Time Entries (requires Time Approvals)
- Sync Expenses (requires Expense Approvals)
- Sync Invoices
- Set Budget, Title, and Lead to be managed by Salesforce
- Use a custom checkbox field to disable processing by Opportunity
- Set the project lead in Kantata OX
- Set the default department and geography on all projects
- Limit Project Creation to Opportunities with specific Products
- Set default rate card for projects
- Automatically create Tasks in Kantata OX Project for specific products on Opportunity
- Limit Project creation to Opportunities of specific types
- Use email address for list of participants
How to Upgrade to the Advanced Kantata OX-Salesforce Integration
- Open your profile menu, and navigate to Developer Console.
Note: In the Lightning UI, the Developer Console can be found under the gear icon.
The Developer Console displays.
- Navigate to Debug > Open Execute Anonymous Window.
Mavenlink.MavenlinkExternal.updateSetting('pcsm.sct.advanced');, and click Execute. There should be a new log entry for the upgrade, with a Status of "Success".
- You're done! The upgrade to the advanced Kantata OX-Salesforce integration is now complete. Close the Developer Console.
If you are still having issues with upgrading to the advanced Kantata OX-Salesforce integration, please contact Kantata Support.