Quickly create allocations from resource estimated hours during the Estimate stage of a project.
When a project is in the Estimate stage, you can use resource estimated hours to quickly create soft allocations for resources. The allocations are created based on task assignments, a resource's earliest task start date and last task due date, and resource estimated hours.
Depending on the permissions you have in the Resource Management access group set, soft allocations will be created for unnamed resources only, named resources only, or both.
How to Create Allocations from Resource Estimated Hours
All existing allocations will be deleted and replaced for the resources who will get new allocations.
- In the left navigation, hover over Projects, then select All Projects.
- In the Project List, select a project.
- In the project workspace, select Task Tracker.
- Select the Create Allocations from Estimated Hours (“ ”) icon from the Summary Bar at the bottom of the Task Tracker. A modal appears.
- In the Create Allocations from Estimated Hours modal, review the list of tasks that are missing a start date or due date (only the first 10 tasks are displayed). You can click Cancel and update these tasks before proceeding, or you can update after you have created allocations.
- Click Create Allocations.
The allocations can be viewed by going to the project's New Resourcing Tab [Early Access] or Resource Center.