Located below the Task Tracker table and in the Overview tab, the Summary Bar allows users with View Financials, Edit Financials, or Project Administrator project permissions to see a summary of resource estimated hours, cost, fees, and other information.
The Summary Bar is collapsed by default in the Task Tracker. To expand it, select the Sigma (“ ”) icon. Once you’ve expanded the Summary Bar, it will remain visible by default the next time you visit the Task Tracker in a project.
You can see the estimated totals for the following:
- Duration—The total estimated number of weeks it will take to complete the project, calculated as the number of weeks between the earliest task start date and latest task due date.
- Est. Hours—The total estimated number of hours it will take named and unnamed resources to complete the project, calculated as the sum of all Resource Estimated Hours on each task.
Est. Cost—The total estimated cost of all unnamed and named resource assignments on a project, calculated as Resource Estimated Hours ✕ Cost Rate for each assignee and each task.
Note: Cost appears only to users that have Report Viewer with Cost or higher account permissions.
- Est. Fees—The total estimated fees of all unnamed and named resource assignments on a project, calculated as Resource Estimated Hours ✕ Bill Rates for each assignee and each task, excluding non-billable tasks.
- Task Budgets—This is the total sum of all task budgets, as set in the Task Budget column in the Task Tracker or the Task Budget field in the Time & Fees section in the Task Details side panel.
- Project Budget—This is the total estimated budget for the project.
- Remaining—The estimated remaining budget, calculated as Budget - Estimated Fees.
- Est. Margin—This is the estimated margin for the project, calculated as Estimated Cost - Estimated Fees. The margin percentage is calculated as ([Estimated Fees - Estimated Cost] / Estimated Fees).
These numbers update in real-time as you make adjustments to your project.
When a project is in the Estimate stage, the Summary Bar on the project Overview tab will show a triangle icon beside the rate card drop-down menu if the selected rate card has multiple versions that are active during the project. This indicates that the estimated fees in the tables are calculated with multiple versions.
Summary Bar Actions
When a project is in the Estimate stage, users may also see these options on the right side of the Summary Bar:
- Update Estimates—Available in the Summary Bar when in the Task Tracker tab, the Update Estimates (“ ”) option allows you to update task budgets and/or task estimated hours based on resource estimated hours and bill rates. Users must have Edit Financials project permissions or higher to see this option. See the Update Task Estimates During the Estimate Stage article for more information.
- Create Allocations from Estimated Hours—Available in the Summary Bar when in the Task Tracker tab, the Create Allocations from Estimated Hours (“ ”) option helps you move from estimating to resourcing by using resource estimated hours to quickly create soft allocations for resources. Users must have one of the permissions in the Edit Allocations section of the Resource Management access group set to see this option. See the Create Allocations from Resource Estimated Hours article for more information.
Select Rate Card—Allows you to change the rate card on the project. Users must have the Project Administrator permission level and the Select rate cards permission in the Account Settings access group set to see this option.
- View Snapshots—View historical snapshots of the project, including the baseline. Users must have View Financials project permissions or higher to see this option.
- Capture Snapshot—Take a snapshot of the project to save the current financials, hours, timeline, and other information. Users must have Edit Financials project permissions or higher to see this option. If the project already has 50 snapshots or contains over 10,000 tasks, this option will be disabled.
- Start Project—Allows you to move a project to the Project stage. Users must have Edit Financials project permissions or higher to see this option.