The Task Tracker has a variety of available columns that you can configure to create views that fit your project and team’s criteria. After you configure the columns, you can then save that view as a Shared View that all account members can access or as a member-specific Saved View that you can apply whenever you visit the Task Tracker.
To learn how to create legacy Task Tracker views, see the Creating Legacy Views in the Task Tracker article.
The following columns are available in the Task Tracker:
- WBS—View the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)—the unique number assigned to each task, also commonly referred to as the “row number”—from this column.
- Type—View and edit the icon that represents the task type—Task, Milestone, Deliverable, or Issue—from this column.
Title—View and edit the task name from this column.
Note: This column is always selected by default and cannot be removed from the Task Tracker.
- Tags—View and edit all tags for the task from this column.
- Assignees—View and edit all task assignees from this column.
- Status—View and edit the task status from this column.
Duration—View and edit the duration of the task. The duration excludes weekends. The duration of parent tasks is based on its subtasks and is not editable.
- If a task starts and ends on a weekend,
n/awill display in the Duration column.
- When a task has no due date, entering a duration will update the due date.
- When a task has no start date, due date, or predecessor, entering a duration will set the task’s start date to today and will set the due date based on the duration.
- When a task has no start date or due date and has a predecessor, entering a duration will set the task’s start date based on the predecessor and will set the due date based on the duration.
- If a task starts and ends on a weekend,
- Start—View and edit the task’s start date from this column. If the task is a top-level parent task, you can only update start dates for the subtasks.
- Due—View and edit the date that the task ends from this column. If the task is a top-level parent task, you can only update due dates for the subtasks.
- % Done—View and edit the percentage of work done on a task from this column.
- Actual Fees—View the total actual fees for the task—which is calculated by time submitted to the task and the bill rates of assignees—from this column.
- Task Est. Hours—View and edit the total amount of task estimated hours from this column.
- Billable Hours—View the billable hours—which are dependent on task estimated hours—from this column. Non-billable tasks do not include billable hours.
- Task Budget—View and edit the budget entered for the task from this column.
- Invoiced—View the amount of money that has already been invoiced for the task from this column.
- Priority—View and edit the task’s current priority—Critical, High, Normal, or Low—from this column.
- Archived—View and update whether the task is Archived or Unarchived.
- Predecessors—View and edit the task’s predecessors—which is any task that needs to be completed before this task can be started—from this column.
- Successors—View and edit the task’s successors—which is any task that can’t be started until this task is completed—from this column.
- Fixed Fee—View and edit whether an invoice type is Fixed Fee or Time & Materials from this column.
- Billable—View and edit whether the task is billable or non-billable from this column.
- Weighting—View and edit the milestone weighting percentage from this column. This is only applicable to milestone tasks.
- Resource Estimated Hours—View and edit the number of resource estimated hours for the assignees on the task from this column. You can also see a summary of the numbers of assignees on a task and their total number of resource estimated hours. Up to 300 assignees are shown; to see more, open the Task Details side panel.
- Estimated Cost—View the total estimated cost for a task—calculated by the resource estimated hours on the task and the associated cost rates of assignees—from this column.
- Estimated Fees—View the total estimated fees for a billable task—calculated by the resource estimated hours on the task and the associated bill rates of assignees—from this column. Non-billable tasks do not include estimated fees.
- Task ID—View the Task ID—the number automatically assigned to the task—from this column. This can also be found in the Task Details side panel.
- To Dos—View the total number of To Dos that are associated to the task.
How to Configure Columns in the Task Tracker
- In the left navigation, click Projects and then select the desired project on the Projects page.
- In the project workspace, select the Task Tracker tab.
- In the Task Tracker, select the Configure Columns icon (“ ”) from the toolbar.
- In the Configure Columns modal, select the columns you want to include in the view by clicking the checkbox or column row.
Note: All of the account’s task custom fields will also appear in the Configure Columns modal.
- To adjust the column order, click and drag each column row to its new position.
Click Apply to apply the new column configuration to the Task Tracker.