From the Account Member Details side panel, you can edit account member information—email address, role, bill rate, cost rate, permissions, skills, etc.—update management information, assign a workweek schedule, and more!
To access the side panel, hover over Settings in the left navigation and select Members. Next, click on a person’s name from the Active Member list.
The Details section of the Account Member Details side panel is where you provide email and role information about the user.
- Email Address—Provide the member’s email address; it can be edited here by an Account Administrator or by the member from the Email Settings page.
- Account Role—Assign the member's default Account Role. For more information, please see our Account Role help article.
The Financial section allows you to set or edit the default currency Cost Rate(s), Bill Rate, and Billable Utilization Target for each of your team members.
- Bill Rate—This is what you charge your client. The Bill Rate will always match your account's Currency Default, but you have the option to enable Rate Cards which allow you to set bill rates for multiple currencies based on role. When your account is Rate Card-enabled, the Bill Rate field does not appear.
- Billable Utilization Target—This is the percent of possible hours that are billable. This field automatically converts negative numbers to positive and does not allow percentages over
- Add Future Billable Utilization Target—When new employees need time to ramp up, you can set future billable utilization targets in advance. Future targets automatically update the member’s current utilization target, so you won’t need to update them on a continuous basis.
You can add targets between 0% and 100% that go into effect on future dates. Since this table contains only future billable utilization targets, current and past dates will not be accepted.
A future billable utilization target will go into effect on midnight of the date selected (based on the Time Zone set in the Profile of the member). At this point, the future billable utilization target will disappear from the table and replace the member's current billable utilization.
Although they are removed from the table, all utilization targets are stored as part of the user’s work week. This way, you can use Kantata’s reporting capabilities to get accurate insights on how a member’s billable utilization has changed over time.
Future billable utilization targets are also reflected in the Time and Utilization Tracking section of a user's dashboard, if enabled.
- Warn user when submitting fewer hours than weekly target—When a member has a Billable Utilization Target, this option allows you to notify members when they submit fewer billable hours than indicated by their workweek.
Any holiday hours and planned time off (PTO) entered using Time Off are subtracted from the expected workweek. Note that if there is a Billable Utilization Target, the percentage does not change even if they reduce their expected workweek hours for holidays or PTO. For example, if a member has 40 expected workweek hours, a Billable Utilization Target of 50%, and two days of PTO that week, their expected workweek would be 24 hours and the member would still need to log at least 12 hours of billable time to meet the target.
For those times when a month ends before a Friday, and members submit time, they will receive a notification if fewer billable hours are submitted. However, if they submit their remaining time at the end of the week, all billable time submitted for the week is calculated.
- Require location when logging time—When enabled, this member is required to select a location when tracking time in Kantata OX.
Note: This option will appear disabled if Require Time Entries to be Tracked Against a Location is enabled in the General tab of Time & Expense Settings.
Cost Rate Table
Every member should have a cost rate that matches the account's Currency Default. However, the Cost Rate table allows you to set multiple cost rate currencies for each user.
When you change the member's cost rate, all projects using that currency cost rate will be updated; cost rates that have been overridden in the project's Rates & Roles will not be updated.
When viewing existing rows in the Cost Rate table:
- The Cost Rate column reflects the member's cost rate for the selected currency type.
- The Status column shows In Use when the member is participating in a project using this cost rate. The cost rate will appear In Use even if the member has logged no time entries or expenses; it will also appear In Use if the member's cost rate has been overridden in the project's Rates & Roles.
- The Date Added column shows the month, day, and year that the currency cost rate was added.
For more information, please see our Member Cost Rates help article.
In Kantata OX, Account-level permissions determine the overall privileges that are granted to members. Each project participant also has individual permissions that can be configured at the Project level. You can adjust the default project permissions that members have, based on their Account-level Permissions, when they enter a project.
The following items also appear in the Permissions seciton:
- Default to View Only—Check this box if you'd like this member to enter projects with View Tasks access by default. If this setting is enabled for an individual member, any permissions and access configured on the Project Permissions Default page will be overridden.
- User is a collaborator license type—If the user has a Collaborator or lower Account Permission, check this box if you'd like to use a collaborator license for them.
- Resource Request Approver—This indicates whether a use can approve resource requests with a Checkmark (“ ”) icon or and X Mark icon. If a member has Report Viewer account permissions (or higher) and Resource Requests settings are enabled on the account, they can be designated as an approver in the Resource Management Settings.
- Custom Access Groups—Use this field to assign the member to one or more custom Access Groups. Custom access groups give you more granular control over Kantata OX by allowing or restricting certain access and activities. When you click in the Custom Access Groups field, a drop-down menu will appear, populated with a list of custom Access Groups. To narrow your search, start typing all or part of a custom Access Group name. Select the one you want to assign to the member.
This section displays all the User Custom Fields (arranged alphanumerically) previously created by Account Administrators in Settings > Custom Fields. You are not able to add or delete custom fields from the Account Member Details side panel.
All User Sets in the Custom Fields section of the Account Member Details side panel are viewable and editable by Account Administrators only.
Select the department(s) and region(s) you would like this member to access. They can access every Department or Geography going up the hierarchy from their current selection, but cannot see across or down unless the checkbox for that department or has been specifically selected. This way, you can easily create projects that only your department(s) can see.
For more information, see our Apply an Organization to Account Members help article.
Groups allow you to organize and categorize your data by client, department, region name, and more. You can add a member to a group by clicking the Select Group field under the Organization tab, selecting an option from the list that appears, and then clicking the Add button.
For more information on groups, see our Groups help article.
Manager and Reports
The Organizations section is also home to the Manager and Timesheet Backup Approvers sections. Keep in mind that managers must have Report Viewer, Report Viewer with Cost, or Account Administrator permissions because they have access to Kantata’s Analytics reports to track the progress and performance of their direct reports.
- An Account Administrator can designate one or more backup approvers to approve time during a specified date range, in the event the original approver is out of the office.
- An Account Administrator can give a Manager the ability to approve time by checking the Manager approves time box. With this option enabled, whenever a direct report submits time, their manager is automatically invited into the project, will be notified, and can review and approve it. For more information, see Designate Time Approvals.
- An Account Administrator can give a Manager the ability to edit user skills by checking the Manager edits user skills box. Once designated, a Manager can add and remove skills from the user and adjust proficiency levels where available.
- An individual manager can have up to 200 direct reports, but a member cannot be assigned to more than one manager. If you assign a direct report that was already assigned to another manager, their previous manager is replaced with the new manager and they are no longer a direct report to the previous manager.
To see where an account member fits in the current management hierarchy, click Management Hierarchy.
Time Tracking Limits
If you require time approvals for timesheets, you can determine whether members are able to submit time that is less than, greater than, or equal to their total workweek hours. This setting is particularly useful if you need to adhere to local laws, working time regulations, or employee contract requirements.
- No requirement (default)—There are no restrictions when submitting time for approval.
- Cannot submit less—Allows the member to only submit time that exactly matches or is more than their total workweek hours as defined in their Workweeks table (below).
- Cannot submit more—Allows the member to only submit time that exactly matches or is less than their total workweek hours as defined in their Workweeks table (below).
- Must submit exact—Member must exactly match their total workweek hours as defined in their Workweeks table (below).
After setting a member's time tracking limit, if they try to submit more (or less) time than is permitted, an error message appears and alerts the member that a problem has occurred.
Note: You can set time limits for multiple members using the Kantata OX API.
The Workweeks section appears if you have Custom Workweeks enabled, and allows you to see this member's Account Default and In Use schedule. You can also create a Custom workweek. For more information on how to create custom workweeks, please see our Custom Workweeks Overview help article.
Use Holiday Calendars to define the days your account members are unavailable for work due to company holidays—including any that are distinct to your region or organization. See our Holiday Calendars help article for more information.
The Skills section shows user skills arranged by proficiency level from highest to lowest; only members with Reports Viewer, Reports Viewer with Cost, or Account Administrator permissions have access to this section.Previously created skills can be added or removed by Account Administrators or Managers (if granted permission—see the Organizations section above) by clicking Edit Skills.
Note: You are not able to create new skills or edit existing skills from the Account Member Details side panel. Only skills previously created by an Account Administrator in Settings > Skills will appear in the Search and Add a Skill fields.
Insights Access Group
Use the Insights Access Group section to give the member access to classic Insights dashboards.
- Search—You can search for a specific access group in the Insights Access Group table; this is a reductive search that narrows what groups you currently have available to choose from.
- Set Insights Access Group—This is a predictive text field that will start offering suggestions based on words in the access group name and/or the first letters typed.
- Can Edit—By default, this box is only checked for Account Administrators. If you don’t want this member to have Edit access from the Insights dashboard toolbar, clear the check box.
When Can Edit is enabled, this member can create dashboard reports containing all your account data—which may be a serious security risk. To make certain that a member can only see data that applies to them, do not check this box.
- Remove Access Group—The Remove Access Group (“ ”) button removes the member's assigned Access Group; it does not permanently delete the group from your account.
For more information, please see the Insights Access Groups articles.