The Account-level permissions in Kantata OX determine a user's overall privileges and the areas for which they have access. Every time a user joins a project, they are also assigned individual Project-level permissions that determine what access and abilities they have within each project.
These permissions can be adjusted on a project-by-project basis, but the initial Project Permissions that each member inherits are based on their Account-level permissions. You can map different project defaults for each Account Permission level—on both the Provider and Client side of the project—on the Project Permissions Defaults page to ensure that each member will enter a project with the proper access and permissions every time.
At the top of the Project Permissions Defaults page, you’ll see the Providers and Clients tabs. You can quickly switch back and forth between the two tabs to perform actions for either the provider or client side of the project, such as adjusting permission levels and editing any additional permissions.
How to Map Project Permission Defaults
- Hover over Settings in the left navigation and select Project Permissions Defaults.
Choose whether you want to map permissions for the Provider side or Client side of the project. The Provider tab is selected by default.Note: The Provider and Client tab labels will be different if you have set up custom team names.
In either tab, use the drop-down menus in the Project Permission column to select the permission you want to map to the corresponding Account Permission.Note: The View permission levels only allows users to view project and task information, while the Edit permission levels allows users to make changes to this information, such as creating and updating tasks within a project.
- For members on financial projects with the Account-level permissions of Project Creator, Collaborator, Collaborator (External), and Punch Clock, only the project permissions of View Tasks, Edit Tasks, View Time and Expenses, and Edit Time and Expenses are applicable. For example, a Collaborator mapped to Project Administrator by default will enter a financial project as Edit Time and Expenses and a non-financial project as Project Administrator. An invalid selection will default to the next lowest applicable project permission level.
- On non-financial projects for any account permission level, only Edit Tasks and Project Administrator are applicable. For example, a Report Viewer mapped to the Edit Financials project permission level by default will enter a financial project as Edit Financials and a non-financial project as Edit Tasks. An invalid selection will default to the next lowest applicable Project Permission level.
- Use the selections in the Additional Access column column to assign extra permissions to users with the corresponding Account-level permissions.
Note: Account and Project Administrators have access to all Additional Permissions and these permissions cannot be adjusted. Additionally, since clients don't track time and expenses, the View Time and Expenses and Edit Time and Expenses options aren't available in the Client tab.
- When you are finished making changes, click Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
- If you hover over an Information icon anywhere on the page, details about permission and access levels are shown.
External Project Participants
The Project Permissions Defaults also gives you the ability to limit access to information by configuring the default permissions and access for External Project Participants.
- On the Provider side, External Project Participants are typically contractors.
- On the Client side, External Project Participants are typically clients.
Free users always default to View Tasks project permissions on the Provider side of a project and can never be given a higher permission level. Some Additional Permissions are restricted for users on a free account.