The Kantata OX Salesforce integration eliminates the need to manually assign Kantata OX projects to Kantata OX Groups. Salesforce automatically assigns the Kantata OX project to a Kantata OX group with the same name as the Salesforce account that is associated with the opportunity. This article outlines how to enable this feature.
- You must be an Administrator in Salesforce. You can also log into your account as the Integration User who set up your Salesforce integration.
- You must have at least Project Lead account permissions in Kantata OX.
- You must have a Group in Kantata OX.
- You must have an Account or Account Group in your Salesforce environment.
How to Configure Salesforce to Automatically Assign Kantata OX Groups
- Log in to Salesforce.
- Navigate to the Setup page.
- Navigate to Mavenlink Configuration > Integration Options.
- Click Edit.
- Under the Project Options (All Projects) section, enable the Put Projects In Account Groups field.
- Click Save.
- Make sure that the name of the Kantata OX Group is exactly the same as the Account Name in Salesforce. Navigate to the Accounts tab in Salesforce to see account names.
- Group names in Kantata OX:
- Account names in Salesforce:
Select an account to associate with the opportunity you create in Salesforce.Once the Salesforce opportunity creates a Kantata OX project, the integration looks for a Kantata OX Group with the exact same name as the Account in Salesforce. When it finds the group, it assigns the new Kantata OX project to the group.
If the name of the account in Salesforce doesn’t exactly match any name of a Kantata OX group, the integration will create a new Kantata OX group. Make sure that names exactly match.
If you are still having issues syncing names for Accounts in Salesforce and Groups in Kantata OX, please contact Support.
- Salesforce Overview
- Salesforce Field Mappings
- Salesforce Integration Setup
- Salesforce Advanced Integration
- Troubleshooting in Salesforce
- Creating a Salesforce Account for Testing
- Kantata OX Projects for Salesforce Products/OLIs