The main Access Groups page is where you can create new, edit existing, or delete unneeded Access Groups. There are several default Access Groups that you can choose from initially, each designed with particular user roles in mind. These Access Groups contain sets of preconfigured permissions that provide immediate and appropriate access to the members who are assigned.
To create and name a new custom Access Group and add it to the main Access Groups table, click the Create Access Group button at the top of the Access Groups page.
Once you have provided a name, you will be taken to the new group’s details page where you can change the Access Group name, description, member list, and configure access privileges using different permission sets (e.g., Resource Management). For more information on creating a new Access Group, see the Creating a New Access Group article.
Access Groups Table
The Access Groups table contains all the default and custom groups currently configured for your account—including the descriptions and members, if any, associated with each one.
The Account Default Access Groups always appear at the top of the table; these mirror Mavenlink's standard Account Permissions. They are easy to recognize because they have an Account Default tag next to their name and have a shaded background. Members can only be assigned to the Account Default Access Groups from the Member Details side panel.
Any custom Access Groups that you create will appear after the Account Defaults in the table.
Access Groups—Click the name of an Access Group in this column to configure the group details; edit the name, description, permissions, and add or remove members. For more information on managing individual Access Groups, see the Access Groups Details article.
Please note that you are not able to:
- Edit any part of the Account Administrators Access Group.
- Edit the name or description of an Account Default Access Group.
- Add or remove members from one of the Account Default Access Groups; this must be done from the Member Details side panel.
- Members—This column contains profile pictures of the first 10 members added to this Access Group. If more than 10 members are assigned, the last box shows the number of additional members belonging to that group. Hovering over a member’s profile picture will show you the name of the member.
The Actions (“ ”) menu located to the right of a group's name and description contains a list of options for updating or removing an Access Group.
- Edit Access Group—This performs the same action as clicking on an Access Group name. You'll be taken to the access group details page where you can edit the group name, description, permissions, and add or remove members. You are not allowed to edit the default Account Administrators Access Group. For more information on managing individual Access Groups, see the Access Groups Details article.
- Clone Access Group—This clones the existing Access Group so you don't need to create a new one and enter in the existing information.
- Delete Access Group—This removes all members that belong to this group (as well as the access they were assigned as part of the group) and then deletes the group. You are not allowed to delete any of the Account Default Access Groups.
There are eight default Access Groups that are based on user's Account Permissions. To add or remove account members from the default Access Groups, you must change the member’s permissions in Settings > Members.
- Account Administrators—This non-editable group includes every Account Administrator on your account and has unrestricted access to Kantata OX.
- Reports Viewers With Cost—By default, this Access Group allows users to create estimates, edit cost rates, access Resource Center, administer financial projects, see user billing rates, create projects, track time and expenses, and collaborate on projects.
- Reports Viewer—By default, this Access Group allows users to view Analytics reports, access Resource Center, administer financial projects, see user billing rates, create projects, track time and expenses, and collaborate on projects.
- Project Lead—By default, this Access Group allows users to administer financial projects, see user billing rates, create projects, track time and expenses, and collaborate on projects.
- Project Creator—By default, this Access Group allows users to create projects, track time and expenses, and collaborate on projects.
- Collaborator—By default, this Access Group allows users to track time and expenses and collaborate on projects.
- Collaborator (External)—By default, this Access Group allows new External Members to track time and expenses and collaborate on projects they are participants on.
- Punch Clock—By default, this Access Group allows users to clock in and out and collaborate on projects.
Custom Access Groups
There are three custom Access Groups that are available by default with Access Groups:
- View Only Resource Center—Members added to this group have view-only access to resource allocations in Resource Center.
- View My Allocations—Members added to this group only have visibility into their own resource allocations in Resource Center.
- Resource Requesters—Members added to this group can only view their projects in Resource Center, make allocations for unnamed resources, and submit resource requests (if enabled).
Each of these groups starts empty, but once added to each group, members gain the access outlined above. You can edit or delete these groups as needed, as well as create your own custom Access Groups.