With Kantata's time approval functionality, members with Project Lead account permissions (or higher) can access the Time Approvals page where they can view and manage time for all projects in which they have View Financials (or higher) permissions.
The Time Approvals page allows you to view Submitted, Unsubmitted, and Rejected time entries from tabs with the corresponding names. Depending on the state of the submission, you can view the timesheet, private message a user who submitted time, and either approve or reject the time entry. You can also directly message those who still needs to submit time, reminding them to do so.
If you have been designated as a Time Approver for an individual member or project and have Report Viewer (or higher) account permission, you’ll see the Your Approvals checkbox. You can select this checkbox to see only the time that you’re responsible for approving; otherwise, deselect it to review and take action on all submissions.
Account Administrators have the ability to review time for projects for which they're not participating and are Open to Admin Only. Report Viewers and Report Viewers with Cost can also review time for projects for which they're not participating and are Open to Organization Members or Open to All Account Members.
When approving time on projects for which they’re not participating, the Account Administrator, Report Viewer with Cost, or Report Viewer is automatically added to the project as a Project Administrator—either when the time is submitted (if they are a manager and the Manager approves time setting is checked for their direct report) or after reviewing the time. To prevent this from occurring, you need to make the project private in Project Settings by selecting Invite Only in the Privacy section.
- Hover over Time & Expense on the left navigation and select Time Approvals.
- On the Time Approvals page, use the Group By drop-down menu to select whether you want to view time submissions by Personnel or Project.
- Click the forward (“ ”) and back (“ ”) arrows, or click the Calendar (“ ”) icon to view past and future time. You can return to the current week by clicking the Today button.
- Use the Search field to look for a particular member or project and filter by group name (depending on how the time entries are grouped via the Group By menu).
- Select the corresponding tabs to view Submitted, Unsubmitted, and Rejected time entries.
- You can send a private message (“ to the member who submitted time, view the timesheet, and either approve ”)(“ ”) or reject (“ ”) the time entry using the associated buttons to the right of a pending time entry.
TIP: When you group Time Approvals by Project, you can send private messages to users who have not submitted time by clicking the Message (“ icon in the Actions column of the Unsubmitted tab. ”)
- If you have more than one time entry, you can quickly approve them all at once by clicking the Approve all on this page button.
Note: The Approve all on this page option is only available when Personnel is selected in the Group by drop-down.
- Submitted time will also appear in the project Activity Feed and can be approved or rejected from there. If you would like to see the original time entry from the Activity Feed, simply follow the blue
You can enable timesheet notifications in Notification Settings to be notified when timesheets are submitted; when your timesheets are approved or rejected; or when you need to track time, submit timesheets, or review timesheets.
Once time is approved, it is considered locked and ready to add to an invoice. If you need to edit or delete an approved timesheet, you can reject it to make it editable again. There are two ways to reject approved time entries:
- Group the Time Approvals page by Project, and click on the project that contains the time entry you're rejecting. Find the time entry and click the Reject Approved Timesheet (“ ”) icon in the Actions column.
- Hover over the top-right of the notification in the project Activity Feed and click Reject this approved timesheet when it appears.
After the timesheet is rejected, it can be deleted, edited, or resubmitted.