How to Reassign an Allocation
- Hover over Resourcing in the left navigation and select Resource Center.
Note: When the new Resourcing tab is enabled, you can also reassign allocations in the same way from within the project.
- On the Resource Center page, select the Team Members tab.
Note: If you navigate to the Projects tab, skip steps 3-4. You will instead locate the project you want, expand the project row to reveal resources, and expand the resource you want to reveal their tasks.
- In the Team Members tab, select the arrow to the left of a resource row to expand it and show the resource’s projects.
- Select the arrow to the left of a project row to expand it and show the resource’s tasks.
- Locate the task that you want to reassign allocations for, then click the More Note: You must have permissions to schedule hours on the project to reassign hours. Users with Report Viewer or higher account permissions can also reassign hours.
icon and select Reassign Allocations.
- In the Reassign Allocations modal, choose if the hours you want to reassign occur After, Before, or Between specific dates, and then enter the date or date range.
- Choose whether the hours will be reassigned to a Named or Unnamed resource, and then select the specific role or user from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you have permissions to invite people to projects and add unnamed resources to projects, those named and unnamed resources will appear in the drop-down menu.
- When finished, click Reassign. The hours within the specified timeframe are moved from the previous assignee to the new assignee.