The Insights Advanced Editor gives you direct access to more reporting tools, including:
- Behind-the-scenes access to the Insights data model to help build custom reports faster.
- Dashboard and report email scheduling and management so everyone gets the information they need, when they need it.
- Report file formatting, including CSV and XLS.
- Data load time monitoring.
- Copy tabs between dashboards, making it easier to move existing reports from one dashboard to another.
Through the Advanced Editor, you can edit clones of standard dashboards and any custom dashboards you’ve created. Note that you must first clone a standard dashboard, or create a custom dashboard in Kantata OX.
The Insights Advanced Editor is available only to members who have report edit permissions in classic Insights Access Groups or who have access to Manage Insights dynamic dashboards via the Insights access group set.
- You can access the Advanced Editor from any Insights dashboard. Start by selecting Insights from the left navigation.
- On the right side of the dashboard header, click the Advanced button, then select Open in Advanced Editor.
- You'll receive a confirmation dialog alerting you that the Advanced Editor is for experienced Insights users. To continue, click OK.
- You now have access to the following tabs: Dashboards, Reports, KPIs, Analyze, Data and Manage.
The Dashboards tab contains an alphabetical listing of all of your classic Insights dashboards, and is where you can edit any of your custom dashboards. You can select both standard and custom dashboards from the drop-down menu.
Both standard classic reports and any custom classic reports you’ve created are accessible from the Reports tab. You can drill into them to change facts, attributes, and metrics.
The KPIs tab contains standard dynamic dashboards, dynamic dashboards that have been shared with you, and any dynamic dashboards you’ve created. You can edit your custom dynamic dashboards here.
The Analyze tab opens the report editor, where you can create or edit custom reports for dynamic dashboards. You can also view and clone standard reports.
The Data tab contains an interactive visualization of the Kantata OX data model that illustrates how metrics, attributes, and facts are connected and related to each other. This can be used as a reference while building custom reports.
The Manage tab is divided into a Data tab and an Emailing Dashboards tab.
The Data tab gives you the ability to dig into the underlying attributes, metrics and facts of Insights, as well as the Insights data model.
- Data Sets—A list of all data sets, which are composed of attributes, metrics, and facts. Selecting a data set from the list shows load times and a breakdown of the set’s attributes, metrics, and facts of the set.
Note: System data sets, such as System User and Date, do not need to regularly update so time stamps may differ.
- Attributes—A list of all the qualitative, categorical data that is used to aggregate reports; attributes are the how of reporting and are commonly used for dates, projects, user IDs, etc.
- Facts—A list of all the raw, numeric data elements that can be aggregated by metrics.
- Metrics—A list of all the numerical values and calculations that appear in reports; metrics are the what of reporting and are commonly used for fees, actual hours, etc.
- Model—A visual representation of the Insights data model that illustrates how metrics, attributes, and facts are connected and related to each other.
Clicking on the data model opens it in another window or tab to zoom in to see how specific areas are connected.
The Emailing Dashboards tab lets you schedule and manage email distribution for both classic dashboards and reports.
- Global Schedules Created Through Manage Page— Lists all scheduled emails of classic dashboards and reports created using the Schedule New Email button. To learn how to schedule an email, see the Insights Classic: Email Scheduling article.
- Private Schedules Created on Dashboard— Lists all scheduled emails of classic dashboards and reports created from within a dashboard using the Clock icon (“ ”). You can delete scheduled emails from here.
- Private Schedules Created on KPI Dashboards—Lists all scheduled emails of dynamic dashboards and reports created from within a dashboard.