User Permission Needed: Account Administrator
With Recent History, Account Administrators can review the last 9 days of activity in Kantata OX. Recent History provides detailed information about what changed, when it changed, and who changed it. You can see changes to project settings, task updates, updated or deleted scheduled hours, and much more. You can use Recent History to monitor activity within your account and across multiple projects to ensure that your users are following the proper processes.
The Recent History page displays the following information for each event:
Details—Select the Details (“ ”) icon to see the Associated Data for the event—such as the associated user name, task name, and/or project name—and a Comparison of the record before and after the event. The things that changed are highlighted in blue.
Note: If an item in the Associated Data section has since been deleted, you'll see Deleted instead of the name. The name of a deleted task will still be available if the task is in a project that hasn't been deleted.
- Record Type—The type of record (e.g. Project, Task, Expense, etc.).
- Summary—A summary of the event.
- Record ID—The ID of the record.
- Project Title—The name of the project the record is associated with, if any.
- Project ID—The ID of the project the record is associated with, if any.
- Event—The action type (e.g. created, updated, deleted, etc.).
- Date—The date and time when the event occurred.
- User ID—The ID of the user who made the change.
- Full Name—The full name of the user who made the change.
You can scroll through the pages of events using the options at the bottom. New activity that occur while you are in Recent History will not appear until you refresh the page, apply filters, or change the number of events that display per page.
For a list of the records, events, and properties that you can view in Recent History and Project History, see the Subscribed Events Reference article.
Filter Recent History
You can filter Recent History to see only the information you’re interested in. To open the Filters modal, click the Filters button above the table. For more information about the Filters modal, see the Filters Overview article.
The following filtering options appear in the Fields section:
- Record Types—View events for specific records, such as task, scheduled hours, etc.
Date—View events within a specific date range.
Note: The date filter is limited to the past 10 days.
User—View events for specific users.
Note: Users that don't belong to your account (e.g. non-Network external project participants) will not appear as options for this filter.
Projects—View events for specific projects.
Note: The projects filter does not list all of the projects on the account; it lists only the projects that had events in the past 9 days.
You can determine which columns to display in the table and in what order.
- Select the Configure Columns (“ ”) icon that appears to the upper right of the table.
- In the modal that appears, check or uncheck columns to control which ones appear in the table.
- Drag and drop columns to change the order in which they are displayed.
- Select Save to update the view.
The view will reset if you leave the page or log out.
Export Recent History
To export events as a CSV file, select the Email CSV Export (“ ”) icon to the upper right of the table. An email containing a link to download the export will be emailed to you. Any filters you've applied to the table will also be applied to the export.
With Saved Views, you can create your own custom views based on frequently-used filters. This allows you to quickly access your frequently used views without having to manually reapply the same filters each time you visit Recent History. You can save up to 200 views.
Views created in Recent History are unique from those created in Project History. Saved views are also member-specific and cannot be shared with other members; each user must create their own views. If you log out or leave and return to Recent History, the view that is your default will be loaded.
How to Save a View
- In the Recent History table, set the filters to the values that you want to save as a view.
- At the top of the table, select Save View As… from the Views drop-down menu.
The Save New View dialog appears.
- Provide a name for the view and click Save.
- Your combination of selected filters is now saved as a view.
How to Select a View
- In the Recent History table, click the Views drop-down menu and select the desired view from the Your Views section of the menu.
- Recent History is now filtered according to the selected view.
The view that is currently active is always displayed at the top of the Your Views section with a checkmark (“ ”) to the left of the view name; all others views are displayed in alphanumeric order.
How to Rename a View
- In the Recent History table, click the Views drop-down menu and highlight the view you want to rename.
- Click the More icon (“ ”) to the right of the view name and select Rename View.
The Rename View dialog appears.
- Give the view a new name and click Save.
- The view is now renamed.
How to Delete a View
- In the Recent History table, click the Views drop-down menu and highlight the view you want to delete.
- Click the More icon (“ ”) to the right of the view name and select Delete View.
- You will be asked to confirm the deletion of the view from the Recent History. If you continue, you will not be able to access the view again.
- Click OK to delete the view. Deleting the current view returns you to the Recent History page with filters reset to their default settings.
How to Update or Edit a View
- In the Recent History table, click the Views drop-down menu and select the view you want to update.
- Make changes to the filters as needed. A colored dot appears to the right of the saved view name to indicate that unsaved changes have been made.
- Click on the Views drop-down menu and select Save Changes to Current View.
- The dot disappears and updates to the view are saved.
Select a saved view as the default view to load the first time you access Recent History.
- In the Recent History table, click the Views drop-down menu and highlight the view you want to make default.
- Click the More icon (“ ”) to the right of the view name and select Set as Default.
- The Default tag now appears to the right of the view name, and when you log out or leave and return to Recent History, the view you selected as default is loaded.