In the Resource Center, you can change all of a team member’s allocations on a project to soft or hard allocations. If you want to limit these changes to specific time frames, you can choose to change only allocations before a specific date, after a specific date or between two dates.
For information on changing the allocation type of a single allocation, see How to Change an Allocation to Soft or Hard.
How to Change the Allocation Type
- Hover over Resourcing in the left navigation and select Resource Center.
- Select the Projects tab, and then expand the project to display all resources on the project.
Note: Alternatively, you can select the Team Members tab, and then expand a named resource to display their projects.
- Locate the resource you want to make changes for, select the More
icon, and then select Change Allocation Type.
- Anytime (default)—This option changes all of a resource's allocations on this project to the selected allocation type.
- After—This option changes only the resource’s allocations on this project that have start dates that occur on or after the date selected.
- Before—This option changes only the resource’s allocations on this project that have end dates that occur on or before the date selected.
- Between—This option changes only the resource’s allocations on this project that have start and end dates that occur between the two dates selected, including allocations that start on the first date or end on the last date in the date range.
- If you selected an option that requires a date, select a date—or date range—to indicate which allocations you want to include.
- Choose if you want these to be Soft or Hard allocations.
- Select Change Allocations. All allocations within the selected timeframe are updated to the allocation type that you selected.