The type of resource planning information that appears in the Resource List or on the Allocations Timeline—including how it's displayed—is configurable using the Resource Center Display Preferences. These preferences are accessible from the Actions (“ ”) menu located to the right of the calendar controls.
The options in the Display Preferences menu only affect the project row and resource row. The task row displays the same in both tabs of the Resource Center regardless of your selections.
Hours View Preference
The Hours View Preference section gives you three different options for viewing information in the timeline.
Allocated Hours (default)
Depending on if you are on the Team Members tab or Projects tab, allocated hours will display differently:
- When grouped by Team Members, you can see an overview of workloads and availability. Each bar is a visual representation of how your resources are allocated over a selected period of time. You'll be able to see the percentage of time and number of hours allocated to each resource, including those which are overallocated. Stripes indicate that the team member has a soft allocation during this timeframe. The shading of each bar gets darker as the total allocated time for the resource increases.
- When grouped by Project, the time allocated to each resource is displayed. At a glance, you’ll be able to see workloads and availability across multiple projects, as well as an up-to-date Estimate at Completion (EAC).
Compare Scheduled vs. Allocated
The Compare Scheduled vs. Allocated option allows you to see where scheduled hours and allocated hours are assigned to resources and to projects (based on resource hour assignments):
- When grouped by Team Members, you’ll see the allocated hours for each team member, along with their scheduled hours just below that, giving you the ability to instantly see how your project schedule aligns with your allocated hours. When a member’s scheduled hours are more than their allocated hours across all projects for the selected period of time, the bar will turn red.
- When grouped by Projects, the total scheduled hours for each project, for the selected period of time, are displayed beneath the project summary bar. Click the arrow to the left of the project name to expand it. You’ll see the allocated hours for all team members and unnamed resources that have been assigned to the project.
Depending on if you are on the Team Members tab or Projects tab, scheduled hours will display differently:
- When grouped by Team Members, you’ll see the number of hours each team member is scheduled to work for the selected period of time. The shading indicates how many scheduled hours the individual has compared to their capacity; light blue indicates that scheduled hours are below capacity, blue indicates that scheduled hours are at capacity, and red means scheduled hours are over capacity.
- When grouped by Projects, the timeline displays the number of resource hours scheduled for each project. Click the arrow to the left of the project name to expand it. You’ll see the scheduled hours for all team members and unnamed resources that have been assigned to the project.
Estimate at Completion (EAC) Calculations
This section is only available when you are in the Projects view. These settings are persistent, meaning that Kantata OX will remember your selections the next time you refresh or revisit the page.
- Calculate Estimate at Completion (EAC) Using—This preference allows you to determine how EAC is calculated and displayed in the allocations timeline. You have the following options:
- Named Resource Hard Allocations—Includes named resources with hard allocations in the EAC calculation. This option cannot be deselected.
- Named Resource Soft Allocations—If checked, named resources with soft allocations are included in the EAC calculation.
- Unnamed Resource Soft Allocations—If checked, unnamed resources (which can only have soft allocations) are included in the EAC calculation.
Note: All of the above options are enabled by default, meaning EAC is calculated based on all allocations (named and unnamed, soft and hard). For more information on how EAC and ETC are calculated, please see the Project Completion Estimates article.