Access Groups: Resource Management
When you need to quickly create unnamed resources for a project, you can copy an existing unnamed resource. If desired, you can even copy their allocated hours and other attributes—skills, custom fields, and organization designations—to each new resource. This action can be completed from anywhere in the application that you can open the Resource side panel.
How to Duplicate a Resource
- In the left navigation, hover over Resourcing and select Resource Center. The Resource Center opens with the Team Members tab selected by default.
Note: If you are accessing the Resource side panel from another area of Kantata OX, skip to step 4.
- Select the Projects tab.
Note: If you remain in the Team Members tab, you must select Unnamed or All in the toolbar for unnamed resources to appear.
- Locate the project you want and expand the project row to reveal the project’s resources.
- Select the unnamed resource you want to duplicate to open the Resource side panel.
Note: You must be able to edit unnamed resources to open the Resource side panel.
- In the top-right corner of the Resource side panel, select the Duplicate (“ ”) icon to open the Duplicate Resource modal.
- To update the Resource Label, enter the new name.
Note: The Resource Label for each unnamed resource in a project must be unique. If the new name is not unique, a number will be added to the name with that number incrementing based on how many resources with the same label already exist in the project (e.g. “Software Engineer 2”, “Software Engineer 3”, etc.).
To duplicate additional information for each new resource, keep the following options selected:
Note: You must be able to edit allocations for unnamed resources to duplicate allocated hours for the new unnamed resource.
- Duplicate Allocated Hours—Copies all allocations (including past allocations) for the current resource and creates them for each new resource
- Include Resource Attributes—Copies all entered skills, custom fields, and Organizations information and applies them to each new resource.
- In the Resources to Create drop-down, choose how many unnamed resources you want to create.
- Select Duplicate. Each duplicated resource appears in the project.
Tip: If you want to remove any of a resource’s past or future allocations, you can clear any allocations before, after, or between a specific date range.