The legacy Estimates feature is hidden from the left navigation for accounts created after June 13, 2023 and any accounts created before then that had no legacy Estimates created. For a better estimating experience, we recommend estimating in the project workspace. You can create a project in the Estimate stage and leverage all our project management tools to create and fine-tune an estimate.
The Create a New Estimate page is where you provide your new estimate's name, client, and start date. You may also configure financial information for your new opportunity. When a new estimate is created, your first scenario is also created.
- Estimate Name—Provide the name of your new estimate. After creating the estimate, this will appear alphabetically in the list on the main Estimates page.
- Client—Use this drop-down menu to select the client for which this estimate is being prepared. The Clients that appear in this drop-down menu are configured in the Projects Details panel if the “Is this group a company?” box is checked in the Company section of Projects > Groups.
- Start Date—Provide the date that you expect your new project to start.
The settings in the Financials section are optional; use them to configure basic financial information for your new opportunity.
- Budget—Provide an initial rough estimate of the fees that will be billed for this project.
- Currency—Use this drop-down menu to select the project's billable currency type.
After you’ve finished providing your initial estimate information, click Create to add your new estimate to the Estimates page. Otherwise, click Cancel.
How to Create an Estimate
Follow these steps to create a new estimate:
- Hover over Estimates from the left navigation and select Add New (“ . ”)
- or -
Select Estimates from the left navigation and then click the New Estimate button on the following Estimates page.
- On the Create a New Estimates page, you’ll be required to provide your new estimate with a name.
Provide other general information such as the client, project start date, estimated budget, currency, and rate card.
- Next, click the Create button.
- You will then be taken to your estimate’s first Scenario page where you can provide additional information to the estimate. Your new estimate will appear alphabetically in the list of the main Estimates page.