As of May 17, 2023, Kantata OX no longer supports the Google Calendar and Google Tasks integrations. However, our integrations with Google Drive and Google Contacts will continue as usual, without any disruption.
Kantata OX's integration with Google Workspace requests permission to access your Google Account information. While Kantata can see and modify information in your Google Account, it can’t change passwords, delete accounts, or access your Google Wallet.
Although Kantata typically only needs basic data from your account, like name and email address, there are some that utilize “full account access”, such as Google Drive.
Listed below are the privileges that are granted to Kantata when integrated with Google. These permissions determine what information that Kantata can access and what operations can be performed when integrated.
- Reads your Google ID, username, and email; this is done for authentication so you can use the Apps Launcher to SSO (single sign on) into Kantata.
- Uses your email address to give file access permissions on shared Drive documents.
- Kantata accesses your Google Drive to build a list of files that it can use when you choose to attach a Google file to an activity post of a project; this list is also used for predictive text autocompletes.
- Access to a shared Google Drive file by all current (or future) members of the associated Kantata OX project depends on whether the activity post is Private or Public.
- Access to a shared Google Drive file depends on what you select when you add the file: Can View, Can Comment, Can Edit.
- Uses your contacts to build a pre-populated list for project invitations; Google contacts are shown with the "g" icon to the left of the email address in the To field.
- Kantata creates a new Google Contact in your account for every project you’re assigned; this contact uses the same email found beneath the Team/Upcoming Tasks section in the project's Activity tab