ACCESS & AVAILABILITY
Insights reporting is available for Enterprise plans that meet the minimum user license requirement. To get started, please reach out to your Account Executive or Customer Success.
Data-driven decisions are essential to every successful business. You want to know not only the progress and profitability of projects but also whether your team is being used effectively and efficiently. With interactive reports and a powerful custom reporting engine, Insights gives you the visibility you need to make swift, informed decisions for projects and staffing.
You can currently view and/or manage two different types of Insights dashboards: classic or dynamic.
Classic dashboards are the original Insights reporting solution. Classic dashboards generally have tabs that act as subcategories in dashboards and contain one or more reports. You can quickly filter the information in all tabs using the filters found at the top of each tab.
With classic dashboards, you can use our standard, out-of-the-box dashboards to see key information about the health of your company, projects, and employee productivity. You also have the option to create your own custom reports and dashboards, or you can clone standard dashboards and modify them to better suit your needs. For specific business needs, contact Customer Success to learn more about building custom dashboards and reports with Insights.
For more information on classic dashboards, see Insights Classic Overview.
Dynamic dashboards offer you a simplified way to build dashboards in Kantata OX, offering an easy-to-use, modern interface that adjusts to the size of your screen.
Dynamic dashboards also offer additional functionality without any setup:
- Clicking column headers to sort report information
- Quickly excluding/including items by selecting them in the legend
- Clicking a project name to open the project in a new tab
There are also dashboard actions in the top-right corner of the dashboard that allow users with Manage access to quickly share, clone, edit, or delete the dashboard.
For more information on dynamic dashboards, see Insights Dynamic Dashboards Overview.
Data Refresh Rate
Insights dashboards refresh on a half-hour basis. Every 30 minutes, the system takes a snapshot of your data, processes it, and then loads the new data into Insights.
You can click the Details button at the top of a dashboard to get detailed information about the data currently in the dashboard and see when the next refresh will complete.
The sections in the pop-up will vary depending on whether a refresh is currently processing or not.
Current—This section provides information about the data currently available in the dashboard.
- Snapshot—When the system took a snapshot of your data. Note that any data entered in Kantata OX after the snapshot time will not appear in the dashboard until the next refresh.
- Completed—When the dashboard was refreshed.
Refresh in Progress—This section provides information about the refresh that is currently processing.
- Started—When the system took a snapshot of your data. Any data entered in Kantata OX before the snapshot time will appear in the dashboard when the refresh completes.
- Est. Completion—When the dashboard is estimated to refresh.
Next Refresh—This section provides information about the next refresh. The times are estimated based on historical data.
- Est. Start—When the system will take a snapshot of your data.
- Est. Completion—When the dashboard is estimated to refresh.
- Refresh History—This section displays a list of the last 48 refreshes. The Snapshot time, Completed time, and Status of each refresh is displayed. This list helps you understand the frequency of refreshes and lets you monitor the status in the rare event of an outage.
An Account Administrator can choose which dashboards are shared with you and set the level of data that you can see in them. Depending on the type of dashboard, access may be managed in different places:
|Dashboard Type||Who Has Access?||Where to Manage Access|
|Classic dashboards||By default, Account Administrators have View and Edit rights to all classic dashboards. Report Viewers can also be given Edit rights through classic Insights Access Groups. Note that anyone with Edit rights will be able to see all of the data.||Grant access to classic dashboards from Insights Settings (Settings > Insights) and classic Insights Access Groups (Settings > Insights > Access Groups).|
|Dynamic dashboards||By default, Account Administrators have View and Manage access to all dynamic dashboards. Any other account members can be given View and Manage access through the Insights Access Group set.||Grant access to dynamic dashboards from the Insights Access Group set (Settings > Access Groups > [select an Access Group] > Insights).|
Regardless of which type of dashboard a user is viewing, an Account Administrator can determine what data a user can see in a dashboard using the Data Access settings in the Insights Access Group set.
Once set, all dashboards that have been shared with you are pre-filtered to only display the level of data that you are authorized to see:
- No Access—No data is visible in the dashboard.
- Personal Performance Data—Only data connected to the user would be visible. For example, a user with this level would only see their personal utilization rate when viewing a dashboard that contained an aggregate utilization rate for all users in the account.
- Project Data—Only data connected to the user and their projects would be visible. For example, when viewing a dashboard that contains project health, margin, burn rate, and utilization for all projects, a user could see these details for only their projects and any utilization for people participating in their projects would exclude their utilization for other projects.
- Team Data—Only data connected to the user, any users that report up to them, and their reports’ projects. For example, a user could see an aggregate utilization made up of all of their direct reports and any other users who report up to them in the management hierarchy.
- Full Access—All data would be visible in the dashboard.
For information on what kind of data you can see in a dashboard, select the Eye (“ ”) icon in the dashboard header.
The Insights Advanced Editor gives you direct access to more reporting tools, including behind-the-scenes access to the Insights data model to help build custom reports faster, data load time monitoring, and email scheduling and management for dashboards and reports.
Through the Advanced Editor, you can edit clones of standard dashboards and any custom dashboards you’ve created. Note that you must first clone a standard dashboard, or create a custom dashboard in Kantata OX.
The Insights Advanced Editor is available to members on classic dashboards—when they have report edit permissions in classic Insights Access Groups—and dynamic dashboards—when they have access to Manage Insights dynamic dashboards via the Insights access group set. To access the Advanced Editor, select any Insights dashboard from the left navigation, click the Advanced button on the right side of the dashboard header, and select Open in Advanced Editor.