When Resource Recommendations are enabled, you can replace an unnamed resource with a named resource based on the recommended resources that display in the Resource side panel. Resources are recommended based on skills, role match, custom fields, availability, and other criteria. If you'd like to update multiple unnamed resources—with a specific role or all roles assigned to a project—at once, you can use Team Builder instead.
How to Find Recommendations for a Resource
Navigate to a Resourcing area in Kantata:
- Projects > select a project > Resourcing
- Resourcing > Resource Center > Team Members
- Resourcing > Resource Center > Projects
To display unnamed resources, select Unnamed in the toolbar.
- Expand the Role and locate the unnamed resource for the Project you want.
- Select the unnamed resource to open the Resource side panel.
- In the Skills and Custom Fields sections, enter any missing requirements that are essential for the role.
Tip: Adding information in the Skills and Custom Fields sections of the Resource side panel will change who is recommended, as well as the order of recommendations.
- In the Details section, select the Team Member. When you select the box, the drop-down menu shows recommendations in order of best suited based on your weighted criteria. Hovering over a recommendation shows you more information.
- Once you've selected the name of the member you want, and click OK to confirm that all task assignments, scheduled hours, and allocations should be moved to the named resource you selected.