Before You Begin
To ensure that you can use the QuickBooks Web Connector to integrate with Kantata OX, you'll need to upgrade to the latest version of the Web Connector that supports TLS 1.2 protocols.
Please visit the Intuit Blog for more information and upgrade instructions.
The Intuit Web Connector is a desktop application that allows QuickBooks Desktop to send and receive data from your Kantata OX account. Installation instructions can be found below.
To learn about QuickBooks mapping, see the Intuit Settings article.
Intuit's Web Connector only works on Windows PCs. QuickBooks for Mac does not yet support the Web Connector. Therefore, QuickBooks for Mac users will need to either switch to QuickBooks Online or run QuickBooks from a virtual PC to maintain an integration with Kantata OX and other web services.
To learn more about Intuit’s Web Connector, please visit the QuickBooks community support page.
Download the QuickBooks Web Connector
- To download QuickBooks Web Connector for your Windows desktop computer, visit the official Intuit download page.
- There, make sure you see your version of QuickBooks Desktop under the Web Connector version heading; you will need to select the correct version of Web Connector that works with your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
The Web Connector is designed to access only one company file on a Windows desktop computer. Therefore, your team should only download and install the QuickBooks Web Connector on the computer where your copy of QuickBooks Desktop is installed. If you have multiple companies and/or Kantata OX accounts that talk to QuickBooks, you will need to perform the following configuration steps for each.
How to Configure the Web Connector
- For new QuickBooks Desktop integrations, access the QuickBooks Settings page in Kantata OX and click the Enable QuickBooks Desktop Integration button. This will allow you to configure the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Next, Download the Kantata OX configuration file using the link provided on the QuickBooks Settings page.
- Once you have saved the Kantata OX configuration file to your PC, open it. Opening this file will automatically open the previously installed Web Connector and connect it to Kantata OX. Make sure that the Kantata OX file is selected in the Web Connector's main view.
- Set the connection password in the Web Connector. Only your Kantata OX Account Administrators have the authority to allow the Web Connector to talk to Kantata OX. This is because only Account Administrators can access the Account Settings page, which contains the Web Connector-specific password. To do this, select Show Your Password in the Kantata OX QuickBooks Settings page and copy/paste this password into your Web Connector password field.
- Click the Update Selected button in the Web Connector. When this button is clicked for the first time, it runs a behind-the-scenes conversion process on your current Web Connector QuickBooks Database mappings. Please review your mappings and fix any that didn't automatically convert when clicking the Setup button on the QuickBook Settings page.
Note: To learn more about QuickBooks mapping, see the Intuit Settings article.
How the Web Connector Works
After configuring the Web Connector, Kantata OX will be able to send time entries and expenses to QuickBooks; these will then exist in your QuickBooks account and be marked as sent in Kantata OX.
Intuit's Web Connector doesn't allow Kantata OX to initiate data transfers. Therefore, to pull pending Kantata OX data into QuickBooks, you'll need to flag your time and expenses as Ready to Sync in Kantata OX and then click the Update Selected button in the Web Connector. Everything flagged as Ready to Sync will be pulled into QuickBooks.
You can also do this to populate the QuickBook data values in the Kantata OX mapping definition page. If you have mapping changes, select Re-Sync to flag the updates as Ready to Sync. Once the Update Selected button in the Web Connector is clicked, all flagged changes or tagged fields will be copied to QuickBooks.